WHAT WE DO
CTS UMMC is a well known centre of excellence in Malaysia for Minimally Invasive Surgery in heart and thoracic surgery
1) Coronaries Arterial Diseases
- Total Coronaries Revascularization of left Anterior Thoracotomy (TCRAT)
- Minimal Invasive Direct Coronary Arterial Bypass Surgery (MIDCABG)
- Minimal Invasive Surgery valve repair/replacement / Left Arterial Appendage Ligation/ MAZE
- Minimal Invasive Surgery ASD/ VSD closure
- Lung tumour diseases Uniportal Video Assisted Thoracoscopy Surgery (VATS) lung resection
1) Anterior mediastinal tumour VATS
- Coronary artery diseases (Open & MICS , On pump & Off Pump Surgery)
- Heart valve surgery such as heart valve repair and heart valve replacement (Open & MICS).
- Major aortic Surgery (Aortic root, ascending aorta, aortic arch, descending thoracic aorta & thoraco-abdominal).
- TEVAR (Thoracic Endo Vascular Aneurysm Repair)
- Heart failure surgery
- Surgery to treat congenital heart defects in children and congenital heart disease in adults
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Atrial Fibrillation(cryo-ablation)
- Pulmonary Embolectomy
- ECMO (VA & VV)
- Lung Cancer (Open, VATS & Uniportal VATS – complex & simple resection)
- Sleeve Lobectomy
- Empyema Thoracic
- Mediastinal tumour
- Myaesthenia gravis – Uniportal VATS
- Hyperhydrosis – Uniportal VATS
- Chest trauma
- Tracheal Surgery – (Open repair & Tracheo-Bronchial Stenting)
- Chest Wall Resection
- Minimally Invasive Pectus Excavatum repair
The Patient Guide to Heart, Lung, and Esophageal Surgery
CARDIOTHORACIC CLINIC CONSULTATION
Clinic days are on Thursday morning, at surgical clinic.
Please attend with a referral note from your doctor to make an appointment to see us.